Some snippets of work I contributed to a group set task in year 2 to create a brand extension and marketing strategy for Hunter.
NO7 NPD Innovation Strategy Project
Some interesting market analysis that informed my strategy decisions
- Beauty Care Trend 'Green Provenance' - including packaging and sustainability as major market drivers. The specialty actives market grew by 5.7% between 2007 and 2010: botanicals, proteins, biotechnology, peptides and enzymes are all driving growth especially in the area of anti ageing.
- A growing consumer insight trend in the beauty industry is ‘Wellthy’, the focus on wellbeing and health. Consumers are looking for healthy brands that understand concerns and embed health into their culture. Brands are fulfilling this need by embedding benefits into existing products offering consumers the best of both worlds: simple, easy, painless steps to leading a healthier lifestyle.
- WGSN’s beauty forecast for SS14 looks at ‘Next Nature’ a future where we will think about things biologically rather than mechanically.
- 'Tryvertising' - Consumers are looking for truly innovative, engaging retail experiences for example transforming shops into centres of learning, trying out concept products and most importantly, a place to have conversations with the brand.
- Using technology to allow consumers to control their wellbeing and health, Japan-based Fujitsu Laboratories have created the smartphone app ‘Color Frame’ which allows users to monitor their skin condition over time. With the convenience of having the technology on the go, at the ease of a tap of a finger, it revolutionizes how consumers are taking control of their wellbeing and health, and brands such as Fujitsu who are enabling this, are most popular.
Have a look at the visual map of my report exploring the origins of recurring fashion trend Sports Luxe and its context in society (FMB Year 2)
Check out my winning application to be a Company Grad 2013